ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR
The FSSD operates on a distinct calendar that maximizes student learning prior to the state’s required assessment period, as well as offers embedded professional learning time for educators and family friendly breaks that enable students and faculty members to return refreshed and ready to learn. The calendar is approved annually by the School Board.
2017-2018 School Calendar
The 2017-2018 calendar includes 85 instructional days in the first semester and 92 in the second.
The FSSD calendar includes five Early Dismissal Days during the year when students are dismissed 3 hours early. This time is necessary for school principals and teachers to work on your child’s student data, determine progress, prepare for curriculum updates and plan for instruction with grade-level and subject area teams. As always, MAC will be available for after-school care on these days.
Guidelines for Developing the District Calendar
In developing the school calendar, the district takes the following into consideration:
- Correlation to the Williamson County calendar: Because we have many families with children in both the FSSD and Williamson County Schools, the district tries to correlate its calendar, as much as possible, to the Williamson County Schools calendar.
- Support from School Teams: School Teams provided input and feedback into the calendar design process, including teachers, principals and Central Office staff, who helped to guide discussion. The school teams gathered feedback from the faculties at their respective schools, which was used to make modifications on the final calendar approved by the School Board.
- Instructional Days Prior to Testing: One of the primary considerations in developing the calendar is to purposefully create uninterrupted instructional periods between major holidays. By law, school districts must take into account the number of student instructional days prior to State testing (TCA 49-6-6002).
- Board Member Bell Achieves “Master” Status
- Homeland Security Agent Talks About Digital Dangers
- Planning for Your Special Needs Child’s Future: It’s Never Too Early to Start
- SAE International Grant and Nissan Provide STEM Resources
- Arnold Named Associate Director for Finance and Administration
- Technology Update for Grades 5 – 8
- FSSD Receives Exemplary Status in Achievement on State Accountability Report
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015