The Communications Department supports the mission, vision and goals of the FSSD by gathering, producing, and disseminating accurate, relevant and timely information in a variety of formats so as to empower and inform employees, FSSD families, the news media, and the community at large.
The Communications Department publishes e-newsletters, flyers, brochures, and other publications for public distribution. The department encourages and coordinates news coverage with media, arranges interviews and provides responses to requests for information to promote full public understanding of FSSD issues, policies and accomplishments.
In addition, the department maintains central oversight of the Blackboard Connect phone messaging system. The Communications Department also assists with special events and recognitions.
Susannah Gentry, Communications Specialist
507 New Highway 96 West
Franklin, TN 37064
- FSSD Opens Cafeteria So Children Eat Free All Summer
- Come aboard for reading fun on FSSD’s Story Bus Plus this summer
- Summer Coding Camps Open for Rising 5th-9th Graders
- FSSD and Franklin Parks to Host Input Meeting for Recreation Programming
- Kindergarten Roundup Set for Friday, April 21
- TNReady Testing Window April 17 – May 5
- Girls’ Night Out Dinner and Discussion April 11 (Grades 5-8)