FSSD Five-Year Strategic Plan (2013 – 2018) The FSSD Board of Education formed Strategic Planning Committees to make long-range planning recommendations as the district moves toward the future. With the end in mind, all Strategic Planning Committees use the following statement to guide discussion: “In five years, the Franklin Special School District will have built on its 108-year reputation of excellence to become known as a consistently innovative, academically unmatched district with enthusiastic community engagement and a broad base of public funding and support.” Strategic planning committees were formed with representatives from all stakeholder groups, including parents, faculty/staff, building administrators, Central Office staff and community members. The committees developed objectives, formed strategies and proposed timelines for implementation.
- 5-Year Strategic Plan: Revised annually and last approved by the Board of Education in February 2016.
Strategic Planning Committees:
- Educational Excellence Committee
- School Equity Sub-Committee
- Finance Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- HSI Agents to Discuss Online Predators/ Cyber Safety on Jan. 17
- State Seeks Input on Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Plan
- FSSD and MAC Winter Break Holiday Schedule
- Honors Program Info Meeting (Rising 6th-8th Graders) on Jan. 12
- Honors Program Info Meeting Set for Jan. 12 (Rising 5th Grade Families)
- FIS Requests Donations from Book Fair for New “Heroes” Program
- FSSD TCAP Testing Schedule 2016-17