FSSD Five-Year Strategic Plan (2013 – 2018) The FSSD Board of Education formed Strategic Planning Committees to make long-range planning recommendations as the district moves toward the future. With the end in mind, all Strategic Planning Committees use the following statement to guide discussion: “In five years, the Franklin Special School District will have built on its 108-year reputation of excellence to become known as a consistently innovative, academically unmatched district with enthusiastic community engagement and a broad base of public funding and support.” Strategic planning committees were formed with representatives from all stakeholder groups, including parents, faculty/staff, building administrators, Central Office staff and community members. The committees developed objectives, formed strategies and proposed timelines for implementation.
- 5-Year Strategic Plan: Revised annually and last approved by the Board of Education in January 2017.
Strategic Planning Committees:
- Educational Excellence Committee
- School Equity Sub-Committee
- Finance Committee
- Community Relations Committee
- FSSD Opens Cafeteria So Children Eat Free All Summer
- Come aboard for reading fun on FSSD’s Story Bus Plus this summer
- Summer Coding Camps Open for Rising 5th-9th Graders
- FSSD and Franklin Parks to Host Input Meeting for Recreation Programming
- Kindergarten Roundup Set for Friday, April 21
- TNReady Testing Window April 17 – May 5
- Girls’ Night Out Dinner and Discussion April 11 (Grades 5-8)