David L. Snowden, Ph. D.
Director of Schools
The Franklin Special School District includes a broad program of educational services designed to meet the needs of all of our children. We are committed to providing our students learning opportunities that recognize individual differences in an environment that affirms self-worth. Each individual is valued and respected. Our goal is to challenge every child to achieve excellence.
Good schools are central to strong communities. We believe it is very important to maintain strong ties with our business community, build strong relationships within our school-community, and actively engage our parents in the education of our children.
As a district, we are committed to excellence in teaching and learning for all. As a community of learners, we invite you to visit our site often and look forward to sharing the Franklin Special School District story with you.
The FSSD administration is organized in a highly productive manner, with the Director of Schools assisted in his leadership of the district by two Associate Directors – one who oversees Teaching and Learning and the other who supervises Finance and Administration.
Dr. Catherine Stephens serves as the FSSD Associate Director for Teaching and Learning. The Teaching and Learning Department serves all district needs as it relates to student learning and employee professional development. The Teaching and Learning Departments include:
- Federal Programs (Title I, II, III, Homeless, Migrant)
- Reading Coach (Intervention and Academic Support)
- Instructional Technology
- Professional Learning
- Special Populations (Special Education, Gifted Education, Section 504)
- Student Performance (Testing and Assessment)
- Student Support Services (Early Childhood, ESL, Counselors, Social Workers)
John D. McAdams is the FSSD Associate Director for Finance and Administration. The Finance and Administration area serves all needs related to district personnel, facilities, equipment and resources. development. The Finance and Administration Departments include:
- Accounting and Payroll
- Child Nutrition
- Coordinated School Health
- Extended Care (MAC and WeeMAC)
- Human Resources
- Health Services (Nursing)
- Books from Heroes Program Begins with Emergency Responders
- 2nd Annual Race for the Stars 5K and Fun Run March 4
- FSSD announces Teachers of the Year
- FSSD Pre-Kindergarten Application Process Open for 2017-2018
- Special Ed Parent Support Group to Discuss ADHD and Related Issues
- 2017-2018 School Calendar Now Available
- Honors Test Registration Information for 4th-7th Graders