MISSION, VISION, GOALS
“Excellence in Teaching and Learning for All”
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Franklin Special School District is to foster academic, social, emotional, physical, and creative development in each student; to instill a desire to continue learning; to nurture respect for all people; and to promote responsible citizenship.
The Franklin Special School District will systematically seek to:
- Develop a community of learners that emphasizes academics along with kindness, encouragement, caring, and compassion.
- Provide a comprehensive array of instructional programs and experiences for students that focus on all essential areas of education and child development.
- Encourage collaboration and shared decision making involving teachers, administrators, support staff, parents, and community members.
- Emphasize continuous improvement and a constant search for better ways of educating students and managing the school district in an effective and efficient manner
The Franklin Special School District holds the following beliefs:
An excellent teaching and learning environment where success is celebrated is essential.
Learning thrives in an environment where differing viewpoints are respected.
Everyone can learn when instruction is differentiated to meet individual needs.
Every individual is valued and respected.
Parents must be actively engaged in the education of their children.
Challenging fine arts curricula and strong physical education programs are necessary to enhance the whole learner.
Curricula should be rigorous and relevant to real life.
Life-long learning is inspired by creating an atmosphere of curiosity.
Parental and community involvement is essential to successful schools.
- TCAP Testing Dates Announced for Spring
- FSSD Evening of Code to be Held December 6
- Parent Seminar: Inclusive Friendships for Students With or Without Special Needs
- Career Quest for 8th Graders to be Held Nov. 8
- Schools to Begin Using New Visitor Entry Procedure Oct. 23
- FSSD’s Commitment to Excellence Evident in 2018 TNReady Results
- Five FSSD Schools Named Tennessee Reward Schools
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015