MISSION, VISION, GOALS
“Excellence in Teaching and Learning for All”
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Franklin Special School District is to foster academic, social, emotional, physical, and creative development in each student; to instill a desire to continue learning; to nurture respect for all people; and to promote responsible citizenship.
The Franklin Special School District will systematically seek to:
- Develop a community of learners that emphasizes academics along with kindness, encouragement, caring, and compassion.
- Provide a comprehensive array of instructional programs and experiences for students that focus on all essential areas of education and child development.
- Encourage collaboration and shared decision making involving teachers, administrators, support staff, parents, and community members.
- Emphasize continuous improvement and a constant search for better ways of educating students and managing the school district in an effective and efficient manner
The Franklin Special School District holds the following beliefs:
An excellent teaching and learning environment where success is celebrated is essential.
Learning thrives in an environment where differing viewpoints are respected.
Everyone can learn when instruction is differentiated to meet individual needs.
Every individual is valued and respected.
Parents must be actively engaged in the education of their children.
Challenging fine arts curricula and strong physical education programs are necessary to enhance the whole learner.
Curricula should be rigorous and relevant to real life.
Life-long learning is inspired by creating an atmosphere of curiosity.
Parental and community involvement is essential to successful schools.
- FSSD and Franklin Parks to Host Input Meeting for Recreation Programming
- Kindergarten Roundup Set for Friday, April 21
- TNReady Testing Window April 17 – May 5
- Girls’ Night Out Dinner and Discussion April 11 (Grades 5-8)
- 2017-2018 Online Registration Period April 1-30
- Walk Across Williamson Challenge March 1-31
- Young Scholars Institute Registration Open