Franklin Special School District appreciates your interest in our employment opportunities and welcomes you to this portion of our website. An online employment application is available for all administrative, instructional, support, and substitute teacher positions. If you are applying for a teaching position, you must have a CURRENT Tennessee Teaching License.
- External job postings
- Internal job postings – jobs offered to current employees only
- Register to complete an application – The user name and password created at the time of registration will allow access to the application for updates. Indicate all positions desired on the application for which you are currently certified or eligible. Please read and answer the questions in each section of the application carefully. Selecting the “Agree” item at the end of the application will suffice as a signature.
Because Franklin Special School District is site-based, you are encouraged to contact the principal/supervisor at the school/site where the position is open. All interviews and recommendations for hire are handled at the local site.
Your application will be active for one calendar year from the date of application. At the end of that time, you will need to reapply online if you have continued interest in positions with Franklin Special School District. All new employees are required to have a background check and drug screening prior to their start date. For more information, please visit the Hiring Requirements page on our web site.
We invite to you check out our Benefits Information and other links on our website to discover why we are so proud of what we offer our valued employees.
Certificated Position Guidelines:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A current Tennessee Teacher License for the level and/or subject area that you teach
- Certified “Highly Qualified” under ‘No Child Left Behind” federal guidelines in the core teaching subject for which you are applying
- A completed on-line FSSD Application
- Required Employment Forms
- At the time of your hire, you will be required to provide: official transcripts, two letters of reference, superintendent’s copy of your teaching license, and evidence of being ‘’Highly Qualified”.
Classified or Support Position Guidelines:
- Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications for the position
- Complete an on-line application… please complete all sections as your hiring rate will be determined by your initial responses
- Required Employment Forms
Teacher Assistant must also have evidence of being “Highly Qualified”:
- An associates degree or higher
- 48 hours of college credit
- Praxis test for Paraprofessionals
- HQ documentation from another school district
- Substitute daily rate of pay: $100 for certified teachers, $90 for a bachelor’s degree or higher, and $80 for a high school degree or equivalent. Licensed nurse $120.
Franklin Special School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in the provision of educational opportunities and benefits pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Businesses Needed to Exhibit or Sponsor Nov. 9 Career Fair
- First Day of Kindergarten Video Captures Special Memories
- FSSD Schools Join Statewide Drive for Hurricane Victims
- Lottery Grant Provides Funds for After School Care
- LES Family Literacy Night
- 2017-2018 Back to School Resource Guide
- 7th Graders Must Submit Updated Immunization Form