QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
QUALIFICATIONS AND HIRING REQUIREMENTS
The Franklin Special School District is very thorough in the protocol it uses to hire new employees. When a potential candidate is recommended for employment within the school district, no matter what capacity that candidate will serve, he or she must first go through the following checks:
- Principals are required to check a minimum of three references before sending the candidate’s paperwork to the Central Office for approval.
- When the Human Resources Department receives the potential candidate’s paperwork, the department checks the employee against three databases: the Abuse Registry, the Sexual Predator List, and the Department of Children’s Services database of offenders.
- If the candidate is not indicated on any of those databases, he or she is sent to be drug screened by a third party vendor..
- If the drug screen is clean, the final step is for the employee to be fingerprinted and undergo a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation background check.
This process is as extensive and thorough as possible because the FSSD’s top priority is to provide a safe and productive environment for its students and employees.
Highly Qualified: All school systems identify teachers within their systems that are designated to be highly qualified. Under NCLB, there are core academic classes that are required to be taught by a highly qualified teacher. This percentage is a reflection of the match between NCLB classes and the teacher actually teaching them who is identified as highly qualified. The FSSD in in 100 percent compliance with the State’s Highly Qualified regulations.
- Digital Dangers parent meeting cancelled March 19
- MAC is the perfect “staycation” destination for Spring Break!
- New Date! Digital Dangers Parent Meeting March 19 at 6:30
- FSSD Online Registration Period Opens April 1
- 2017-2018 TNReady Testing Schedule
- Applications Available for Peer Role Models in Special Ed Preschool
- FSSD Social Services Newsletter: March 2018 edition
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015