ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION
FSSD ONLINE ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION
FSSD’s registration process is online. During the spring, enrollment of new students and registration of returning students is completed online using Skyward Family Access. All current FSSD students (pre-K through 8) have a Family Access account. If you do not have your Skyward login information, please contact your child’s school.
Please read the boxes below to determine how to proceed with your student’s enrollment or registration process.
Families interested in the FSSD Voluntary Pre K program (child must be 4 years old on or before August 15) should contact the Student Support Services office at (615) 591-2802. Please DO NOT proceed to the green New Student Registration Enroll Now tab.
Students who are enrolling in the FSSD for the first time and have never attended an FSSD school before should enroll online as a new student.
NOTE: After creating a new account and completing the initial online enrollment process, parents of ALL new students may either upload the required documentation or submit them in person at their zoned school.
To verify your school zone, you can view the FSSD zoning map or a listing of neighborhoods and their zoned schools. You may also contact FSSD Central Office at 615-794-6624 to verify your school zone.
Students who are currently enrolled in an FSSD school will register online as a returning student. Families of incoming kindergartners who already have a Skyward Family Access account due to a sibling will use this link to register all students, including their new kindergarten student.
All current FSSD students (pre-K through 8) have a Family Access account. If you do not have your Skyward login information, please contact your child’s school. If you have more than one child returning to FSSD you will use the same Family Access account to register each child.
NOTE: If you have changed addresses since last school year, you must verify your new address at your zoned school.
- Age: Tennessee law requires that a child must be 5 years of age on or before August 15 to enter kindergarten.
- Birth Certificate: A birth certificate is required of all children entering school for the first time to verify name and age.
- Immunization Record: Tennessee requires proof of immunization for school attendance. A Tennessee Department of Health “Certificate of Immunization” is required before the student’s first day of class. This certificate is available from the local Health Department or the child’s physician. Students who are exempt from immunizations are still required to have this certificate signed by a physician and have proof of a physical exam. For more information, visit Student Health Services online.
- Required Immunizations In order to provide the safest environment possible in the schools, the State of Tennessee requires proof of immunizations. For specific information, please visit the State’s Required Immunizations web site.
- Medical Examination: Tennessee law requires proof of physical examination for all students initially entering Tennessee schools. This includes students entering pre-K, kindergarten and students transferring from another state. This certificate is available from the local Health Department or the child’s physician.
Examples of acceptable proofs of residency:
- Utility bills (gas, electric, water) for last month prior to enrolling
- Copy of signed Lease Agreement (including renewed Lease Agreements), signed valid non-contingent real estate contract, or signed executed Settlement Statement with supporting documentation
Special Notice: The Tennessee Legislature has declared it a compensable offense to intentionally misrepresent the address for the domicile of a student for enrollment purposes. The FSSD will file appropriate legal action in all cases where it is determined that parents or guardians have fraudulently represented their address for purposes of student enrollment in the Franklin Special School District. Further, the FSSD will seek restitution for tuition and legal expenses in such cases.